- Will a cruise line have a price lower than one of their top agency partners?
Cruiselines frequently offer more attractive prices to their consortium partners as their staff doesn’t have to monitor and manage the reservation. As a Travel + Leisure Magazine’s A-List Travel Agent with a specialty in cruises I frequently am able to add valuable amenities. These can include: category upgrades, additional cocktail parties, special shore events and sometimes a shipboard credit to be used as you wish such as the spa or wine. These amenities are offered on special sailings.
- An agency like Naples Luxury Travel Advisors belongs to travel consortiums that negotiate special cruise sales and bonus amenities for our passengers that cruise lines don’t offer the general public. So we have the best available pricing and, on top of that, we may have value-added amenities.
- The bonus offers you receive from the cruise line because you’ve cruised with them before are not lost. By booking directly with the cruise line, even as a past passenger, you may be losing out on additional savings opportunities. Booking with us you will still receive your past passengers savings, plus we can usually combine these and the cruise line’s best promotional offers with any exclusive savings we may have. Not all offers in the marketplace are combinable, but many are and when they are we can help you choose the best value.
- When the cruise line offered a lower price, we’ve been able to match or better it. We also provide more personal and better service than a cruise line will provide you, as we know you and you will only speak with someone you have spoken with before not an anonymous reservation agent.
Why You Won’t Get Better Service Booking Directly With the Cruise Line
- The cruise line’s staff is unable to provide you the personal attention provided at Naples Luxury Travel Advisors. Most cruise line reservationists lack essential training and firsthand experience except on their product. They can’t and won’t advise you if something better is available. Many cruise lines employ reservation agents who have to answer a set number of calls per hour and who are only motivated to close a sale, not to ensure you have the best experience. They believe your experience begins when you board the ship. We believe your experience begins when you call us and continues through the pre-cruise, cruise, post-cruise and when you return home to plan your next excursion.
- A cruise line’s employees are unable to counsel you properly on pre- or post-cruise travel options, hotel options, best air arrangements, shore excursions and privately arranged excursions that provide more enriching experiences, the best insurance options, and more.
- If you have a problem getting to the ship, while on board the ship or need to leave early, the reservation agent is not available by phone or email to assist you.
But What if I Have Already Made My Booking With the Cruise Line
If you have paid in full for your cruise booking cannot be transferred. But if you have only made a reservation and/or deposit, check with Naples Luxury Travel Advisors to find out what we can offer you, (either on this sailing or a comparable cruise), and you may be able to transfer your booking to us and take advantage of our personal service, plus any bonus amenities and savings.
What Do I Have To Do To Transfer My Booking
If you’ve made a reservation but haven’t yet made a deposit: all you need to do is call the cruise line and ask them to transfer the booking to Naples Luxury Travel Advisors, and provide them our local phone number. If you’ve already made a deposit: a cruise line generally requires your written request to transfer your booking to us. We can provide you a letter you can print, sign and mail — just advise us your cruise details. You may need to provide the cruise line your: booking number, Naples Luxury Travel Advisors name as agency, our local phone number, and possibly our agent’s name who will handle your booking.